Which Housewife Do You Think is Leaving “Real Housewives of OC”?
I watched last night’s episode of Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of Orange County,” and I was surprised (and VERY disappointed) to hear from next week’s preview that one of them is going to be leaving the show! First, I’m going to break down why each of the housewives may leave the show, and then share my personal prediction.
- Vicki Gunvalson: She has been having marital problems with Don since season 3 and it has seeped into this season as well. She may be leave the show to focus on her marriage or growing empire within the insurance industry.
- Jeana Keough: Her career as a real estate agent is steady, but she is legally separated from Matt Keough and may be ready for a brand new start – sans “The Real Housewives.”
- Tammy Barney: The least likely of the 5 to leave, being that she is still considerably new to the series and her real estate career is also steady. She may leave to focus on helping her husband, Simon, with his new business venture.
- Lauri Peterson: Lauri (one of the original three “housewives” remaining on the show) has been clearly exasperated with blending families and raising 7 children. She appears to be happy with her cushy new lifestyle with George and does not seem to have it in her anymore to be on the show.
- Gretchen Rossi: She is “The New Girl” and has stolen the title of “Gold Digger” from Lauri Peterson (if you watched last night’s episode, it came from Lauri’s own mouth!). Her fiancee, Jeff Beitzel, passed away in September, so the question is this: Will she remain on the show, or leave right away to mourn his death?
My prediction for who is leaving the show next week: Lauri Peterson! I really hate to say it, but I don’t think that she has the enthusiasm for it anymore. Her whole existence centers around George now, and she seems eager to say good-bye to the series. She seems more private now and her family-focus may not be newsworthy… IF she leaves the series (as I suspect she is), what will become of Ashley’s fledgling skincare line? If she is the “face” and there is no reason for her to be covered on “Real Housewives” anymore, how will they promote it?
Update (12/10): As you probably already know, the mystery housewife WAS Lauri after all. I didn’t want to see her go, but I understand her reasons for departing.
Also, Brittany (see comment below) wisely pointed out that Tamra quit her job as a real estate agent to become a stay-at-home mom. It is in her bio on the bravotv.com website. Thank you for pointing that out! She hasn’t mentioned that on the show (yet).